28 Towpath is a WWOOF South Africa host as a way to encourage responsible tourism in the Eastern Cape. We also help and encourage travelers to get actively involved in the various Permaculture projects in and around the Eastern Cape.
WWOOF is an exchange – in return for volunteer help, WWOOF hosts offer food, accommodation and opportunities to learn about organic lifestyles.
Going WWOOFing allows you to:
– learn first-hand about organic growing techniques
– experience life in the countryside
– help the organic movement, which is labour intensive
– meet, talk, exchange and learn from other people in the organic movement
– learn about rural life in other countries by living and working together with the locals.
WWOOF is a network of over 60 organisations all around the world, covering more than 100 countries.
The South African website is : http://wwoofsa.co.za/
Each national WWOOF organisation is independent and autonomous. There is no central body for WWOOF in the world, but information and links to all WWOOF organisations can be found onhttp://www.wwoof.net/
Below are photos of the garden at 28 towpath: